Executive Director, Tata Industries
KRS Jamwal, as Executive Director of Tata Industries, is responsible for the incubation of new ventures as well as investments made by Tata Industries in new businesses.
Mr Jamwal is also on the board of Tata companies such as:
- Tata Advanced Materials, a leader in aerospace composite manufacturing
- Tata UniStore, which owns Tata CLiQ, a one-of-a-kind, leading omni-channel marketplace
- Tata SmartFoodz, a food innovations company engaged in the manufacture and marketing of delicious ready foods (where he serves as director and chairman of the board) and
- Inzpera Healthsciences, a health sciences company that markets palatable and efficacious therapeutic products (where he serves as director and chairman of the board).
He is also a member on the board of the overseas subsidiary of Tata Industries — Qubit Investments PTE (Singapore). He represents Qubit on the boards of:
- Flisom AG, manufacturer of flexible, lightweight solar modules,
- i3 Equity Partners, a Tel Aviv based technology incubator in IoT and
- SDX Partners LLC, USA, which provides seed funding to student-initiated business ideas at the MIT, Boston.
Prior to joining Tata Industries, he served as Vice President, Strategy, Group Corporate Centre, Tata Sons, assisting the then Group Chairman, Ratan Tata, on strategy-related matters concerning Tata companies and supporting him on special assignments such as the Investment Commission (2005-2009) and the US-India and UK-India CEO Forums.
Mr Jamwal started his career with TAS (formerly known as Tata Administrative Services) in 1989. His initial assignments included project management for setting up new hotels and flight catering units, with subsequent responsibilities relating to strategic planning and mergers and acquisitions for the Taj Group of hotels.
He has a B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering from the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. There he was awarded the scholastic gold medal and the best student shield.
Subsequently, he did a PG in Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. Here he was awarded the scholastic gold medal and the KV Srinivas Award for the best all-rounder.