- as a member of the FP2020 Reference Group – a global initiative to develop a new global architecture for increasing access to voluntary family planning services.
- on the Governing Board of the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) and Grassroots Trading Network for Women (GTNW).
She also served on several government committees, such as :
- National Commission on Population (Chaired by the prime minister of India).
- The Advisory Group for Community Action.
- Program Advisory Committee of the National Population Stabilization Fund.
She studied psychology and mass communications at Delhi University and later at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
She has taught courses on development from a grassroots perspective in Amherst College and Earlham College, United States.
Contact PFI at email@example.com